It’s been one of those days that you might call a bad day, and I’m feeling grumpy and generally disgruntled:
- This morning I felt ill and had to skip breakfast.
- My lunch with friends was commuted to coffee with one.
- The dress I was planning to wear was a little too snug.
- It started raining soon after I left home and I was quite wet when I got to the station.
- I didn’t have an emergency hair elastic and spent the day looking like a dandelion clock.
It was as much as I could do not to turn around and go straight back home again!
- DB made me breakfast, even if I couldn’t eat it.
- Someone wanted to meet me for coffee!
- I got to wear my new red cords today! (Perfect with my stripey t-shirt)!
- Rain water is good for your hair.
- My white hair really brings brightness into my face.
And some other things to be grateful for.
- I have a roof over my head, and somewhere dry and secure to sleep.
- When I touch a switch, the most amazing thing happens – the room is flooded with light!
- At certain times of the day, a machine kicks in and heats up the air!
- I have these knobs, and when I twist them, water comes out! Some of them do HOT water!
- I have a device that lets me talk to people on the other side of the planet – in real time!
- I have warm snuggly blankets, and when @PaulHiggins tells me it’s a “two dog night,” I have two dogs to throw on the bed as well!
- I have access to good quality, healthy food. In fact, I’m going to use the talky device to arrange for someone to bring some round later!
- When I have eaten, I’ll put the dishes in a magic box and push a button, and tomorrow when I open the box, the dishes will be clean!
- While the library book I ordered was missing when I went to get it, it’s there now!
- Richard Carlson told us not to sweat the small stuff, and (just for fun), Eric Idle tells us it’s all small stuff (video auto plays).
What are you grateful for today?