We’ve had some cooler weather, the mornings are darker and it’s too nippy to leave the doors open. Daylight savings ends in a few short weeks. So, it’s time to do my 2018 Signature Wardrobe Summer Update.
My 2018 Summer plan was for a basic 8 outfit wardrobe:
For my $750 budget, my planned purchases were:
- The four shirts I commissioned the dressmaker to make for winter 2018, $500
- Track pants, $200
- Skirt, repurpose existing
2018 Signature Wardrobe Summer Update
So I had a plan, but I didn’t really follow it.
To start with, I didn’t do anything about skirts or swimsuits. Maybe next year.
I did buy two pairs of black track pants for $130, but I don’t like them. I saved my indecent ones from last year, so I might ask my genius dressmaker to make me some more the same.
I bought some jewellery.
Leaving aside the compression tights I had to buy (because they were medical expenses), I came in under budget. Though still over budget for 2018.
But I did notice some interesting things about my wardrobe this year:
- In terms of working from home, and housework, my blue dress is the best – a little fitted, short sleeves and a good length. The yellow is too long and the skirt too full.
- The yellow dress is better for errands and casual events like brunch, because of the things that make it bad for work. Though I think it might be better in a thicker fabric and with longer sleeves
- The new shirts are a good weight for Winter, but perhaps a little too heavy for Summer.
- Lovely as the new shirts are, I still default to my red tunic.
It’s just a couple of insights, but I feel like I learned a lot about my style this season. Mostly headology.
- Fitted clothes make me feel more efficient and effective.
- Looser clothes make me more relaxed.
- Once I’ve got my compression tights on, I feel ready for whatever the day throws at me.
So, if I want to get stuff done fitted is the way to go.
The compression tights are a bit weirder and take a bit more thought. It’s
And maybe, I should just stop worrying about it and buy another red tunic.
How did your Summer Wardrobe shape up?